“Social inequality and environmental degradation go together and have the same root (see Encyclical, Laudato Si’, 101): the sin of wanting to possess and wanting to dominate one’s brothers and sisters, of wanting to possess and dominate nature and God Himself. But this is not the design for creation.”
“[T]he virus, while it does not distinguish between people, has found, in its devastating path, great inequalities and discrimination. And it has exacerbated them!”
“The pandemic has highlighted how vulnerable and interconnected everyone is. If we do not take care of one another, starting with the least, with those who are most impacted, including creation, we cannot heal the world.”
“Renewed contact with the Gospel of faith, of hope and of love invites us to assume a creative and renewed spirit. In this way, we will be able to transform the roots of our physical, spiritual and social infirmities and the destructive practices that separate us from each other, threatening the human family and our planet.”
Have a question or a prayer request?
Use the buttons to submit them to us.
Saint of the Day
- St. Andrew the Apostle: Saint of the Day for Thursday, November 30, 2023
- St. Saturninus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- St. Catherine Laboure: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, November 28, 2023
- St. James Intercisus: Saint of the Day for Monday, November 27, 2023
- St. John Berchmans: Saint of the Day for Sunday, November 26, 2023